Anyone getting a MAyer tone with LSS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrkooshman

Reaction score
I must have posted this in the wrong forum, so here we go again. Has anyone been able to replicate the tones (clean and solo) here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr2ehE2Pf-I

I have a strat, and am close with clean (enough for me to like it- I don't need to be a 100% copy). But the solos are tough for me, esp with Channel 2. Any suggestions? I do have a MI Audio Blues Pro and a Timmy, but I still get too much distortion.

I think you could get pretty close to it with this:

Gain at 11:00
Treble at 10:00
Mids at 2:00
Bass at 12-1
Presence at 10
Master at 11

Sounds like the clean tone I'm getting. Man that guy can play.

cool- I'll try that, and maybe goosing it with the Timmy on low gain for the solos

CoolRails said:
I think you could get pretty close to it with this:

Gain at 11:00
Treble at 10:00
Mids at 2:00
Bass at 12-1
Presence at 10
Master at 11

Sounds like the clean tone I'm getting. Man that guy can play.

yeah he can. he's an amazing song writer (even though he hides behind the style that made him famous) and he can rip when he wants to. I remember the first time i realized he was as good as he is was when i caught the live at abbey road with him.

The "Lonestar state" Channel 2 is good enough for me for the dirty solos. I have the reverb up and it cooks! Better than the Timmy or the Blues pro (which I can always step on to give it even more juice) 8)

Back