Anyone ever use these cabs??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disassembled

Reaction score
I found these on ebay. The guy offers cabs that are assembled or you can just buy a kit and assemble it yourself. The wood looks legit and seems to be made well from the kits he sells(I assume the kit is the same as the assembled product).

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlopolineQQhtZ-1

What do you guys think?

Reason I posted was because I am thinking I might change from a vertical 212 to 2 112 cabs for better seperation in the stereo field.

I was looking at those a few months back. They seem to be of good quality though I would have to drive over to Victorville from San Diego to see them first hand before I bought one. I was interested in them mainly for the options of being able to get a custom grille and covering (tolex or whatever). I would assume that they would have the everything precut for the cabinets to make things more production and if the cabients were decent then it would amke refitting a cinch should you ever need to replace things for cosmetic purposes. I had even considered reproducing the cabinets in better wood if they are not constructed well and just buy their coverings and grilles.

Stereo rigs can be nice but personally I feel that unless you are really using a lot of panning and bounceback effects then it isn't really that necessary. I could never figure out completely the idea of the stereo cabinets that run stereo inside the same cabinet. To me, you don't ge tthe separation that stereo needs to be effective. However, you can use two rigs simultaneously to spread two guitarists over a stage. Something about that still kind of scares me though because of load carrying over from one amp to the other if the stereo wiring fails to isolate the two. I would just assume use two cabs like your thoughts of the 1x12s but in my case 4x12s.

Latest posts

Back