anyone ever use a MI Audio TubeZone infront of a boogie??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
http://www.miaudio.com/TZ1.htm

looking into an overdrive pedal to drive my roadster a little... for some reason this caught my eye as i accidentally stumbled over the mi audio site (the revelation amp looks pretty cool).... i'm going to try my buddy's bbe green screamer as it sounds awesome with his fender deluxe.... whats everyone elses favorites?

I just sold my Tube Zone, but can offer some input as to how it sounds. In my opinion, it is best suited as a stand-alone distortion unit with the clean channel. I found it hard to dial in as a booster, too many controls and variables. I use an MI Audio Blues Pro for my boosting needs (mainly with the Mark I). The Blues Pro is much simpler and pushes my amps very well.

The TZ is really a standalone distortion. You want either the MI Blue Boy Deluxe or Blues Pro....both excellent OD's....

I also use the MI Audio Blue Boy. I use it for an indi kind of sound on the clean channel of my LSS and sometimes on the dirty channel (which is set up for classic rock) to get an extra boost for 90's FM punky rock sound.

If you crank the gain on the pedal and use it on the clean, wow, the clarity and bas response is awesome, makes the gain channel sound pedestrian - something I am going to further explore.

yeah after finding some clips it definitely wont do what i want.... right now i'm looking at either a bbe grean screamer or a maxon 808.... i like my maxon eq a lot because its very quiet and the true bypass is one of the best ive heard.... also the keely katana looks interesting.... anyone ever try that one?

Back