Anyone ever see a posted sale like this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monsta-Tone said:
RussB said:
No feedback, no pictures and a bizarre ranting description...

Run Forrest, RUN! :lol:

:lol: "As you can clearly, see I cannot drink from the glass in front of me!" :lol:
But you would have counted on that so I can clearly not drink from the glass in front of you. :lol:

A lot of red flags.

1. No picture of the amp. There is no excuse for this. If you are going to ask for over a grand for something, the least you can do is show a photo.

2. No previous feedback. Very bad sign. I never buy anything from someone with no feedback on ebay.

3. Long stories but no proof to back any of it up.

4. Price is too high. Mark IV's go for somewhere betewen 900-1200. 1,500 is too much.

I saw this guy selling this a month ago, so he's still at it. I hope no one buys it. I'm convinced it's a scam.

"As such, I think that it is reasonable to believe that; had, I ever committed any wrong at any time, or place with regards to any Mesa Boogie Amp that; I previously sold anybody certainly by now it would have been known."

HAHA! there are so many things to qoute from that posting! if only I can make the whole thing my sig! :lol:

I have had a saved search for mark iv's for more than a year now. I thought I was looking for a beat up clunker that could be fixed up, but got burned on one of those (see my thread on that). Recently bought a (hopefully) working one - should arrive tomorrow.

Every week this guys 2 amps have popped up again. I'm sorry if the person posting those amps sees this and gets offended, but the truth is that person doesn't have a clue. And probably couldn't buy one, even if he managed to find a fool willing to deal with him.

He won't sell those amps this way. The sheer number of red flags on these ebay postings probably set records. He might possible have a little more luck on craigslist, which is apparently where he thinks he posting already.

"Additionally, that the amp is available via mail order only, and that the buyer is directly responsible for: making any and all arrangements in connection with the freight/shipment and insuring of the amp, and any such costs incurred with the freight/shipment and insuring of the amp." :shock:

"Please, do not e-mail me because; I will not respond. I am currently a distance learning student enrolled in an academic program. As such, I quite literally do not have the time to sit and type out e-mail responses to inquiries, ". I can believe this given the verbose communication style and awkward syntax. I'm exhausted after reading the listing!

dodger916 said:
"Additionally, that the amp is available via mail order only, and that the buyer is directly responsible for: making any and all arrangements in connection with the freight/shipment and insuring of the amp, and any such costs incurred with the freight/shipment and insuring of the amp." :shock:

"Please, do not e-mail me because; I will not respond. I am currently a distance learning student enrolled in an academic program. As such, I quite literally do not have the time to sit and type out e-mail responses to inquiries, ". I can believe this given the verbose communication style and awkward syntax. I'm exhausted after reading the listing!

:lol: Yeah, but it wouldn't be quite as funny if he simply said...."I'm a complete douche and have no time for customer relations. Hell, I can't even figure out how to turn my digital camera on!" :lol:

Stop picking on my ad. My camera broke. :oops: Oh wait that's not mine. :lol:

Monsta-Tone said:
MarshMesa said:
Wonder if it's Alen Erlayn?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Well, it could be! Maybe he got tired of the Brazil scam thing.

I love that he says:

"Just as a side note and to reassure anyone, who might be deciding whether to call or not. I would just like to mention that; I can quit literally guarantee a transaction free of any type of inconvenience of any kind"

BUT

"Please, do not e-mail me because; I will not respond. I am currently a distance learning student enrolled in an academic program. As such, I quite literally do not have the time to sit and type out e-mail responses to inquiries, so please cooperate and call."

This kinda contradicts the first statement, doesn't it? :lol:

MarshMesa said:
Monsta-Tone said:
MarshMesa said:
Wonder if it's Alen Erlayn?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Well, it could be! Maybe he got tired of the Brazil scam thing.

I love that he says:

"Just as a side note and to reassure anyone, who might be deciding whether to call or not. I would just like to mention that; I can quit literally guarantee a transaction free of any type of inconvenience of any kind"

BUT

"Please, do not e-mail me because; I will not respond. I am currently a distance learning student enrolled in an academic program. As such, I quite literally do not have the time to sit and type out e-mail responses to inquiries, so please cooperate and call."

This kinda contradicts the first statement, doesn't it? :lol:
Free of any type of inconvenience...for him?!

The writing style feels like a Nigerian 419 scam. Stay away from it! It stinks really bad!

rcastell

Back