anyone else have trouble with mark IV short heads....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
and trying to mount that footswitch on the rear mounts?
it wouldn't be a problem if that footswitch cable wasn't hard wired.
but if you do get the bloody thing mounted on there, the cable cant fit anywhere inside that small *** cabinet.

JimAnsell said:
and trying to mount that footswitch on the rear mounts?
it wouldn't be a problem if that footswitch cable wasn't hard wired.
but if you do get the bloody thing mounted on there, the cable cant fit anywhere inside that small *** cabinet.

AND the bloody A/C cable.
That's why I went back to the combo. With a light weight speaker (anything but an EV), it's not even that much heavier. Plus the combo looks so cute stacked on the Thiele.

Personally I don't like the angle it puts the cable at, so I don't mount the footswitch there at all...i'm sure it's fine, but those **** things are so expensive I prefer not to risk it..

Yeah, that's a serious flaw in the short head design. I had one and hated it. I could never get both sides clipped in. I wish they would make the cable removeable - would fix the problem easily.

Ditto with what everyone else has said. I've only been able to get the FS mounted once. Major PIA :evil: I just carry it in another bag with my cables and guitar synth. Somebody in the Home of Tone must have been smokin' too much wacky weed that day, especially with the way the cable attaches to the switch! :lol:

Matt

I have the same problem. Have never been able to mount the switch on the back. I carry it in a separate bag.

My other complaint with the footswitch is how much room it takes up on my pedalboard -- or usually to the side of my board.

My question is what sort of sitch do I need to use the 1/4 inch footswitch jacks on the back of the Mark IV? All I want to do is switch Channels 1, 2, 3 and EQ. I'm figuring I can buy/build 4 switches that take up much less real estate than the included footswitch.

Has anyone gone this route and can offer any particulars?

Nick_cor said:
Yeah, my mark IV doesn't fit in a regular rackmount. Bummer.
It does if you have the short head, if it doesn't that just means you bought the medium head instead of the short head.

jpuva said:
My question is what sort of switch do I need to use the 1/4 inch footswitch jacks on the back of the Mark IV? All I want to do is switch Channels 1, 2, 3 and EQ. I'm figuring I can buy/build 4 switches that take up much less real estate than the included footswitch. Has anyone gone this route and can offer any particulars?
The only other switcher I'm aware of that will work is a midi switcher and those are as big or bigger then the standard Mk IV footswitch.

Latest posts

Back