Anyone else fatigued by the "recto sound"?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stash49 said:
The "chugga chugga" is the ONLY outstanding sound in the rectos-all the other tones you can dial in on rectos are not world class, and can be better achieved with other amps. While certainly you CAN use a recto for any type of music, why WOULD you? The clean and low gain recto sounds are...mediocre. The roar is what they are ALL about. Like it or slurp it!

:roll:

I for one had never looked twice at rectos before because of the misconception that all they could do was chugg.
8 months ago I played one, really played one, and I've been the happy owner of a recto-verb ever since.
It's the most versatile amp I've ever owned.
I rarely push the gain past 12 o'clock, but it's great to chugg once in a while when I get the urge to do so.
Every sound I've ever loved is in there, you just have to take the time to dial it in.

Lately I have been getting tired of my Roadster. At first I loved it but now I feel the distortion sound buzzy and not articulate. Like a bunch of bees inside the cab :?: I love the fat clean on CH2. Maybe I just got recto fatigue.

I prefer the combination of my Voodoo Modded Marshal TSL with my Lonestar Classic 2X12 combo. Man I got to get my Roadster to Voodoo Amps so they can work their magic.

There is a lot more to the Recto's than just the Modern (chugga, chugga) mode, especially the Roadster and Road King.

I had a ROV for the past month and that baby never came out of Vintage mode.

I can't wait for my Roadster. :D

Dom

turmoil said:
well what do you guys like for speakers then?

I use Celestion G12K-85s. I like my amp with the Mesa C90s, too, and I've played it several times though one of the old "halfback" 412s with the G12H-100s and EVM12Ls and it sounds awesome.

I'd be interested in hearing it with Greenbacks sometime...

I used to think that way until I saw MMTM open up for Slick Idiot (A singer and the guitarist from KMFDM). The guy from MMTM was playing through Gunter's Rec, and it sounded awesome. It had plenty of bite.

I cant decide which cab to use...The Mesa Roadking 4/12 or the Marshall JCM900 1960A slant.

The Marshall has the 75 watt celestions and the Mesa has the 30's with the little dust covers.

Love the mids on the Marshall
Love the lows and highs of the Mesa

Maybe its time to change the tubes lol

Back