Anybody with a Rectoverb....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce1448

Reaction score
has anybody with a rectoverb found a delay that sounds good / actually works through it

(i have a series II combo)

Right now im using a dd6 in front that sounds good for the cleans but pretty much ruins the distortion channel....

i was just curious
thanks guys

I once owned a 2channel Dual Rectifier and a Solo 50. I had the Boss DD5 and had to sell it because it just sounded horrors with these amps. In return I bought a DD3 and it`s a perfect match. I don`t think it has anything to do with the amps it`s just that the newer Boss Digital Delay pedals suck IMHO! Get a DD2 or DD3 :lol:

I use a Ibanez DE-7 and while not the greatest delay in the world, it does the job for me, which is give a liquid feel to my soloing. My only issue is that the loop is a little flakey in that I need to set it to nearly full on to hear the delay...thus cutting some tone. :(

bruce1448 said:
has anybody with a rectoverb found a delay that sounds good / actually works through it

(i have a series II combo)

Right now im using a dd6 in front that sounds good for the cleans but pretty much ruins the distortion channel....

i was just curious
thanks guys

I owned a rectoverb series 2. I could never get the loop to work with any delay or any other modulation pedal for that matter. Specifically, for me the problem was I had to mix it in all the way (pedal on max) and mix 100% but then in just a minute of playing a terrible feedback loop would occur. It seemed to be timed with the delay repeats. I went to a store and tried different delay pedals (line 6, and numerous boss's including the giga delay) and the combo rectoverb in the store did the exact same thing. The store employees were stumped. I've also tried the same thing on the single rectifier amp heads . . . same results.

I've talked to Mesa and all they say is that I have to get the levels right. Well, the problem is to get rid of any feedback, I have to set the levels to the point you can barely hear the effect!

Moral of the story is that your rectoverb WORKS JUST FINE but the loop Mesa put in these amps is awful and worthless! Mesa just needs to change the loop design. I really like Mesa and the tone out of the rectoverb is fantastic but they just dropped the ball on that amp's loop. I found that any effect you run must be infront of the amp which means no modulation after the preamp.

Check out Harmony-Central.com reviews on this amp. People talk about the terrible loop.

I have a dual rectifer now and it's loop is great. I don't have any problems.

Latest posts

Back