anybody how the 1/2 power jack works on the subway blues?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiemon

Reaction score
the manual doesn't mention it but it's there next to the 4/4/8 speaker jacks.

The 1/2 pwr jack comes from the 4ohm output tap and runs thru two 2ohm 10watt resistors in series. I would think you should put only an 8 ohm load on it such as the interna speaker.

hm. interesting. unfortunately, i'm ignorant in this area. Please help me out here: a four ohm load on the four ohm tap would still be full power right? Maybe not, but anyway i thought that plugging the 8ohm speaker into one of the 4 ohm jacks would effectively cut the power in half so i was wondering what the 1/2 power jack did differently. If as you say, the 1/2 power jack is "pre-loaded" w/4ohms of impedance, then is the speaker run in series or parallel w/the built-in 4/ohm load and what is the resultant combined load on the 4 ohm tap?

...truly clueless.

i'm
Restless Rocks said:
The 1/2 pwr jack comes from the 4ohm output tap and runs thru two 2ohm 10watt resistors in series. I would think you should put only an 8 ohm load on it such as the interna speaker.

boogiemon said:
a four ohm load on the four ohm tap would still be full power right? Maybe not, but anyway i thought that plugging the 8ohm speaker into one of the 4 ohm jacks would effectively cut the power in half so i was wondering what the 1/2 power jack did differently.

Plugging into a normal 4 ohm jack does not reduce the amp's output at all. The amp would just prefer to see a 4 ohm speaker there.

The half power jack is a built in, pre-set attenuator.

Back