Anybody here goosing their IIC+ with a boost?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Hero

Reaction score
If I'm running it just for lead, I'll usually just bump up the gains and treble, but if I want rhythms and leads, I tend to boost it with a Fulldrive 2. The feel is probably closer to a IV with MidGain on (i.e. more compressed/less dynamic) this way too I find?

Anyone else boosting them for leads? I almost feel dirty for doing so but it just sounds and feels so good!

BB Preamp for me. Works great to boost an already dirty amp. I also find though that the IIC+ cleans up so well with volume control that I can keep it at a very high gain level and just back off as needed.

Random Hero said:
Nice post. I'm normally a guitar to amp guy too.

Oh yeh, anyone else pulling the Lead Master?
I really like the LM closed most of the time.
to me it just sounds a bit warmer and a little thicker
Richb

gts said:
Random Hero said:
<snip> I almost feel dirty for doing so but it just sounds and feels so good!
Well you kind of said it here. If you like it what more is there except letting go of your guilt for abusing that C+ ;-) :lol:

But I'd say play around with the C+ more. There is all sorts of tonal possiblities in there that you have yet to tap. Try setting the tone and volume levels for what you want in Lead mode then back off your guitars volume knob staying in LM for rhythm. I do this all the time.

Yeah, I do need to play with it more. I don't seriously feel guilty for boosting a IIC+, but with the lead master pulled, it's got the same liquid feel and searing tone. I imagine there are a myriad of tones I've not even tapped into yet.

OCD on the clean channel every now and again, I'm a big fuzz head so I use a lot of fuzz on the clean too. Never boosted the lead.. no need in my opinion.

I like to play aggressive rhythm riffs through the lead channel, leaving little room for leads. In that case I either adjust the guitar volume down for rhythm/up for leads or put a Tubescreamer in front for leads. The Eq footswitch is another way of boosting without a pedal.

If you get the sound you want, the instrument is serving its purpose; no need for guilt. Let the purists think what they will...

dodger916 said:
I like to play aggressive rhythm riffs through the lead channel, leaving little room for leads. In that case I either adjust the guitar volume down for rhythm/up for leads or put a Tubescreamer in front for leads.

I often go the other way.... There is more than enough gain in the IIC+ that I can setup a super heavy rhythm sound, and then back off the volume control to clean and fatten up the lead tone a bit. I think it's a purer lead tone.

Latest posts

Back