Anybody change the knobs on a RK or Recto to more "visi

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepingtiger

Reaction score
I have trouble seeing my settings with the chrome knobs on my RKII, as I did on my TR. I WAS going to put red chickenhead knobs on it, to go with the Garnet front panel, but there's not enough clearance.
Any suggestions for something more visible, that would still look good? I'll put a pic below for reference as soon as I can get photobucket to work again....
Thanks-in-Advance

Tony
RK2.jpg

sleepingtiger said:
I have trouble seeing my settings with the chrome knobs on my RKII, as I did on my TR. I WAS going to put red chickenhead knobs on it, to go with the Garnet front panel, but there's not enough clearance.
Any suggestions for something more visible, that would still look good? I'll put a pic below for reference as soon as I can get photobucket to work again....
Thanks-in-Advance

Tony

how about gold knobs with a black dot or black knobs with a white dot... or instead of white find the paint that glows in the dark so on stage if its dark they'll be glowing... that might looking pretty bad *** with the whole front blacked out aside from white dots and the chrome mesa emblem

My opinion...

Take some red paint and fill in the little holes on your current knobs with it.

It will match your amp, and it will look bad ***!

I thought about doing this on my own amp, but never pursued it...

I wonder if they make "Mini" chicken head knobs that will still fit the shaft of the pots? I'll have to look into it...

If you could figure out a way, you could always get crazy and put little LEDs where the dots are...

Jay22 said:
If you could figure out a way, you could always get crazy and put little LEDs where the dots are...

that would be cool.... and if they were wireless to a sensored controller they would run like stage lighting sync'd up to the music.... ok thats a little much but maybe ones with LEDs to match the LED of the amp (purple, blue, red?? depending on the amp)

I checked with a red chickenhead I bought at a recent guitar show & they will fit, so I ordered some off ebay(Hong Kong), so say a prayer huh? :wink: :wink:
I'll take a pic when I get them. I MIGHT mix them with some black ones that I also bought.

Thanks Guys!
Tony

Latest posts

Back