Any way to clean up R2 in a MKiii

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdandry

Reaction score
I'm trying to get some use out of my Rhythm 2 channel. When I set the tone controls for a good clean sound, R2 is very muddy and dark. Is there anyway to clean up the R2 stage? Is there a specific tube side that is dedicated to this channel? Maybe a cathode cap value change? I really don't need a lot of gain in that channel..just a bump and a way to loose the mud. I have tried different tubes in V2 as well..no help. I do have the R2 volume mod as well.

jdandry said:
I'm trying to get some use out of my Rhythm 2 channel. When I set the tone controls for a good clean sound, R2 is very muddy and dark. Is there anyway to clean up the R2 stage? Is there a specific tube side that is dedicated to this channel? Maybe a cathode cap value change? I really don't need a lot of gain in that channel..just a bump and a way to loose the mud. I have tried different tubes in V2 as well..no help. I do have the R2 volume mod as well.

I guess it depends on how much more you need to clean up R2. On my Mark (get set... Go!...J/K), I can dial my R2 to be a fatter clean of crunch channel by adjusting the "volume" and "treble" controls, and deciding if it sounds "cleaner" by having the GEQ in the loop or not. If it's nowhere close as it is right now, your other channels will most likely suffer from any extreme changes in your current settings.

Remember, if you bump the treble up more, it acts as another gain adjustment.

Back