Any Mark IV users here using MIDI?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeeMonkey

Reaction score
I just got a Mark IV, however it doesn't have a footswitch, so I was able to knock off a few hundred off the price tag. I was wondering, how many of you guys are using a MIDI setup for your mark iv to handle amp switching and effect switching.

I was thinking along the lines of a Axess CFX4 > T.C. Electronics G Major > Behringer FCB 1010 foot controller.

What do you guys think?

Anything I should consider, or replace in what I listed?

i will be controlling mine with midi as soon as i have a foot controller. actually i could control it now with my synthesizer i suppose but that would be kind of dumb haha. i bought an axess CFX-4. planning to also buy a rocktron midimate pedal and a rocktron xpression fx processor after a lot of research.

I have the Mark IV and G-Major, and was planning on getting the CFX-4 evntually (Access is or was on a vacation, or something).

For the time being I'm using a simple "Y" stereo splitter cable running from the G-Major to switch between the lead and R1 channels (I never use R2 anyway). It works just fine on the Mark IV (though not on all Mesa amps; I've heard this can actually damage the Rectifier or F-series line).

I use the ART X-15 for a MIDI footcontroller, which is a nice, solid metal unit (I got it used and it's held up great). However, the FCB 1010 is also popular with a lot of people (it's a bit more tweakable).

I use a GC Pro midi foot-controller with a GCX switcher with my Mk IV, works great.

Back