Any Ideas?!?!?!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Bob

Reaction score
I just blew the fuse in my Mesa Boogie Tremoverb combo for the second time in about 6 weeks. The first time it was a blown rectifier tube the caused the fuse to blow. I don't have a second fuse on hand so I can't check right now if it is the same problem. However, if it is what could be the possibly larger problem behind this?
I am running JJ E34L power tubes and JJ GZ34 rectifier tubes. However, I'm only running 2 power tubes and 1 recto tube (as opposed to the standard 4 and 2) at the recommendation of a Mesa tech to reduce the wattage from 100 to 50.

Any ideas on what could be the problem? Should I just run the standard 4 power tubes and 2 recto tubes.

are you compesating the ohms when you remove the power tubes? i belive the ohmage out of the amp doubles, so the 4 ohm jack becomes an 8 ohm. are all power tubes glowing the same stable colour? do you see any excess purple or blue gas floating around in the tube(vacume leak). a fuse is usually blown when somethings up with the tubes..replace the fuse and have a lok and listen and see if anythings out of the ordinary. if you can't see/hear anything, give mesa a call, or take it to a tech.

musicbox said:
are you compesating the ohms when you remove the power tubes? i belive the ohmage out of the amp doubles, so the 4 ohm jack becomes an 8 ohm. are all power tubes glowing the same stable colour? do you see any excess purple or blue gas floating around in the tube(vacume leak). a fuse is usually blown when somethings up with the tubes..replace the fuse and have a lok and listen and see if anythings out of the ordinary. if you can't see/hear anything, give mesa a call, or take it to a tech.

I have compensated for the change in ohms. I'm guessing it's just another tube problem. I'm just wondering if anyone here may know of something more serious that may be causing the tubes to blow.

Latest posts

Back