Any "Classic W" users out there?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjan

Reaction score
Everything you read about the Mark series amp's eq always references the "classic v". Lately I've been experimenting more with alternate settings (the whole close your eyes and twist the knobs thing) and on my lead channel's geq settings I've landed on what looks like an upper case W. I have the 80 and 6600 sliders halfway to the top, the 240 and 2200 sliders on the centerline and the 750 slider is halfway from the centerline to the 80 and 6600 slider. Wow! I was ready to trade in the ol' Mark IV because it was always so thin sounding. Now it's somewhere between Kerry King and Garage Inc tones.

Channel 2 is my dirty rhythm tone and channel 3 is my lead tone.

IMG_4438-1.jpg

I rarely use the V..i like the W, also I like boosting the 80 half way, 240 boosted but lower, then 750 slightly below half, then boosting the 2200 a bit and dropping the 6600...kinda like 2 diagonal lines going top left to bottom right..sounds retarded for lead sounds but lacks a tiny bit of bite for crunch tones..easily fixed by boosting the 6600 a bit and dropping the 2200....

all in all, no matter the config of the GEQ (after you have your tone dialed in without it), it sounds good to me, for at least some purpose...I've thought about trying other amps, but it's not gonna involve selling the IV (unless it's for a V)

Latest posts

Back