• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

any boogie boarders in detroit?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
cause music go round in troy has a mint mark IVa complete with the settings sheet(serial number was 15xx i think...i can't remember), with matching ev loaded open back 1x12 cab for 1499 for both.
i have 2 mark IV's already, and a ton of credit card debt, other wise, i'd probably have snagged it.

they aslo have a ractifier for 1299 that looks pretty clean.

however, the metal grill 4x12 that is still on their site sold a few hours before i finally went in there to check it out :evil:

I'm in Detroit, and a happy Mark III owner here. Always a little curious about the Mark IV, though....hmmm. Thanks for the notice.

Tim

I am in the area too. Not in the market for a Mark though. Thanks for the heads up.

I live in Kentucky but I seriously thought about driving up there and buying that. I just couldn't convince the wife to let me...

AJ_Newkirk said:
I live in Kentucky but I seriously thought about driving up there and buying that. I just couldn't convince the wife to let me...

call em up.
they might ship it to ya.

Sorry I thought I quoted the guy selling the mark III. I'm interested in that. And yes, I have seen a mark IV without EQ. Battle of the Bands at the orbit room on Feb 9 this year. Some guy in a death metal band had one. Sounded like crap, not the amp just him playing through it.

It's a bluestripe shorthead with EQ. No simulclass. It is a 60 watt head. Serviced my M.B. at M.B in Dec. of 2006. Replaced some caps/resistors and such. I blew a resistor, R111, a couple months ago when a power tube blew. I'm waiting on the replacement resistor from Mesa Boogie as we speak. Hopefully be here this week.

pastorofmuppets said:
Sorry I thought I quoted the guy selling the mark III. I'm interested in that. And yes, I have seen a mark IV without EQ. Battle of the Bands at the orbit room on Feb 9 this year. Some guy in a death metal band had one. Sounded like crap, not the amp just him playing through it.

Hmmm. I think you were confused. Ever hear of a DC-2? ALL mark IVs have EQ and simul.

Greg

I'm only a mile away, but am in the process of working out a trade for my '85 JCM800 for a Mark IV with a guy from out of state.

Now, I feel sorry for the guy who owned that mark because I've dealt with that store before, and they probably only gave him $600 for it.

I just remembered, I was at Berkley Music yesterday and they have a racked Mark IVa no switch for $999

it's a consignment so it may be had for lower, although I was told the price was just dropped from $1300

Latest posts

Back