Another Thank you to GTS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tony777 said:
The rest of my Mark family 8)
Markfamily2.jpg

I actually believe you bought the top one from me some years ago? 60 watt MKIIc+, non-loaded? :D

(My name is Knut E)

Oh, and GREAT job. I need a headshell for my Cal 50+. I want a head, not a combo. GTS, is this something you could help me out with, let`s say around the beginning of next year? The cash is sparse the rest of 2008..:(

Hello,

I have just arrived (new member). :)

I bought a new Mark IV a few years ago (combo). I have been looking for a solution related with tube rattle... and I would like to convert my combo to head.

Does anybody know if Mesa's technical support is solving that question? Is Mark V Head chassis compatible? Could I buy the head to convert it?

Does anybody know an alternative way?

Thank you anyway!!

xoaco said:
Hello,

I have just arrived (new member). :)

Welcome

I bought a new Mark IV a few years ago (combo). I have been looking for a solution related with tube rattle... and I would like to convert my combo to head.

Does anybody know if Mesa's technical support is solving that question?

Call them! 707-778-6565

Is Mark V Head chassis compatible? Could I buy the head to convert it?

A Mark V Chassis compatible with what?
Do you mean buy a MKV head cab?
If so Mark V are widebody/ long head size so maybe depending on what size (width) your MkIV is.
If it's a short combo (~18-3/4" wide) then no, a Mk V head cab wont work. But you can still get short head cabs from Mesa.

Does anybody know an alternative way?

Alternative way of doing what?

Thank you anyway!!

GTS, thank you very much!

I just want to know if there is a solution... converting combo to head (Mark IV).

I asked "does anybody know an alternative way?" to project combo to head change.

Somebody tell me that some members can do it.

I will be very pleased if you could help me to find who...

Cheers!

xoaco said:
GTS, thank you very much!

I just want to know if there is a solution... converting combo to head (Mark IV).

I asked "does anybody know an alternative way?" to project combo to head change.

Somebody tell me that some members can do it.

I will be very pleased if you could help me to find who...

Cheers!
What GTS is trying to tell you is that you need to know the size of your amp. Short or medium.
If it is medium, a MKV headshell might fit.

The swap is easy, you can do that for yourself. You will need longer chassis screws and washers, and a cover for your reverb tanks, in addition to the headsell. That's it.
GTS is known on this board to make headshell with better quality than mesa boogies own, so that makes it another option.
Otherwise there are headshells for sale on ebay from time to time.

Good luck
Tony

Latest posts

Back