Another Stiletto Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lt_Core

Reaction score
With the Stiletto's Output knob, does that allow you to crank the masters but keep the volume relatively in check? I'm guessing the Deuce would sound awesome through an Avatar cab with Hellatone 60L's.

With my F-50 I have get the OD master around 10 o'clock to get the tubes cookin' but then I have to attenuate it.

I keep thinking the Stiletto will allow me to get a bigger variety of crunch tones than my F-50.

I just read another post somewhere here that says to crank the Output knob and use the 2 Masters to control volume.

Please chime in Stiletto owners. Thanks!

It's personal pref.

Some people like to max out channel masters and control volume with the output.. others like to do the opposite. There's no right or wrong, they produce different distortion.

if you crank the output knob than you will push the power tubes harder and therefore shortening their life.
something you should know...
however, it should not stop you if that is the tone you prefer!

I've got an F-50 head and a Stiletto Deuce (Stage I). The F-50 is an awesome amp that imho excels at two things: Cleans and liquid high gains. You can do crunch with it but again imo it isn't the strong point of the amp.

I've gotta say I use my Stiletto more than my F-50 but it still does get used a lot. I don't think there are too many amps out there that can beat the F-50 cleans. And if I want to do some heavy drop D riffing I'll always go straight for channel 2 w/contour on the F-50.

With that said, the Stiletto will get you a much bigger variety of crunch tones than the F-50 imo.

When the loop of the Stiletto is engaged the master volume is used as a send level to the loop and the output works as the 'real' master volume. This allows you to turn up the master and keep the amps volume down but all you are doing, if anything, is driving the 12ax7 used for the loop into distortion. And just to clarify doing this doesn't give you power tube distortion at low volumes.

I usually keep my "Master" on the dirty channel around 10 o'clock or a little higher and adjust the Output according to circumstances on the Stiletto.

Latest posts

Back