Another Roadster Sighting!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Warner

Reaction score
This time it was at my front door (FedEx) and now it's in my practice room!!!! It was deliverd yesterday!

Yee F'n Haw!!!!

I've just barely begun to kick the tires but I think my amp "try out" days are over! I've had some nice amps over the years (Marshal, Stilletto, Vetta II and currently a H&K Switchblade) trying to find the tones I really like and in a package thats easy to lug around but I've never had a Boogie DR. I got the Roadster 1x12 combo and I think this may very well be my last amp. I didn't realize it until recently but it's the 6L6 tube tone that I've been looking for all along. And this things definately got it in a great package!!!!

I haven't even hooked up my pedal board yet with all the standard stomps and I'm thinking I might not even need some of them any more. The natural compression is great! The gain/distortion is awesome without having to crank it too loud (goodby noise gate and comp stomps). And talk about thump and chunk! The closed back design is great!!! For a 1x12 combo it's freakin' awsome!!!! I haven't gotten that kind of chunk since I sold my MB 4x12 recto cabinet a year ago!!!!

The clean channel is great! Could probably use a little chorus for some stuff I do but it's awsome right out of the box!

The tweed is also way cool!

The brit setting, well, lets face it it's not EL34 brit tone but it's very very useable with the 6L6's and I dont plan to change those.

Channels 3 and 4 are pure recto with tons of possibilities!

I've found every tone I need just using the suggested settings and some minor tweaks! I cant wait to test drive it tonight at practice!!!!

And talk about tweaking, If you've ever owned a Vetta II or some other modeling amps then you know they are a non-tweakers nightmare. I am not a big tweaker and with this roadster you barely need too!

I usually dont buy amps sight unseen or without trying them out first but with all the possitive things people here on the Boogie Board had to say about it I decided to take a chance. The two local dealers by me were'nt going to be seeing any for a while so I found one out of state and had shipped. So far no-regrets!!!

Oh, and it's SN 815 so the repair/mod is already done and I was surprised to see that they now have side handles in addition to the top handle. Yup it is heavey but not bad at all for a tube combo. It's about what I expected.

Well, gonna get back to playing here for a while. Time to see what a Tube Screamer will do. I've also got to start listing some stuff on e-bay to pay for this bad boy. LOL

Congrats man!! I love my Roadster like a miner loves goild! I bet your lovin' that screamer in tweed mode-hell yeah!The set-up that works best for me is Channel 1-Tweed Channel 2 Fat clean Channel 3 Vintage/Lead Channel 4-Modern/Heavy rhythm. The reverb is killer in Fat mode too.Welcome to the Roadster Club brother!!!

Glad to hear it!

I love my Roadster more and more every day. I had band practice last night and fell in love with it all over again. As I mentioned on another post, I'm over tube swapping and am very content with the stock tubes Mesa shipped in this amp. I can get just about any sound that I'm looking for out of my Roadster. I leave my pedal board at home now too. My live rig is now just: guitar-->BOSS TU-2 tuner-->Dunlop ZW wah-->Roadster Head.

Welcome to the club!

i got mine yesterday and have only messed with it for about an hour but i'm already in love. i have to take it back to get the update done on it since the tech at the store "wasnt sure" if it was done or not. but other than that, i'm totally satisfied already.

Latest posts

Back