Another new single recto guy....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellardweller

Reaction score
Hello, nice place ya' got here! :D

I am the proud owner of a Solo 50 head and a 2x12 Avatar cab.

I also recently received my order from Eurotubes (Bob is an ULTRA-cool guy too), but haven't yet changed the tubes, because I am still exploring the sounds from the tubes presently in the head. I think my avatar still needs further exercize of the speakers first also, and I want to be able to fully/accurately contrast the difference!

So, is the Single Recto kinda like the slow little brother of the dual/triple?
Hidden away in the closet/shed away from the critical eyes of strangers?
It's not even mentioned in the description of this forum! :lol:

the single just has its own special place, their tone is different from the dual and the triple... and the dual is different then the triple... they all have a variation of their own thing going on... i preferred the dual sound and just pulled two tubes to get 50 watts (ive never run into a need for 100 watts... even with my second guitarists head being a 100 watt marshall)

but the singles are cool, two channels are nice... simpler circuitry, i didnt like that it only had a solid state rectifier... i only use the tube setting on my amps because i like the feel and the compression in the clean channel.

but yeah that thing is loud... they all are... have a good time, and id give the mesa tubes some time... i like mesa tubes, break them in see what happens, and you are right you need to give that cab and speakers some time to breathe... so crank it up!

Latest posts

Back