Another new Ace - and a question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innerlogic

Reaction score
Just puchased a used Stiletto Ace 2x12 combo off the 'bay and playing around with it this evening. It seems that regardless of what I set the "Output" or "Solo" knobs to (and with or without solo mode enabled via the footswitch) I don't see any hear any change in volume whatsoever. Am I missing something simple, or is there possibly a problem with the amp? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm really amazed with the amp's range already but I've got lots of tweaking yet to do. :) This is my first Mesa (actually my first tube amp) and it's miles beyond my old Marshall Valvestate, so I'm pretty much enjoying every sound I've gotten out of it so far.

Congrats and enjoy!! I know I'm diggin' mine. So how do you like the 2x12? Mine is the single and it's pretty sweet.

I'm really pleased with the 2x12, though I was actually originally searching for the single until I saw a good deal and jumped on it. I was sort of worried I wouldn't be able to get the amp sounding good at the low volumes I'm usually limited to, and figured two speakers would make that problem even tougher. At least to my ears, everything sounds fantastic so I think it's a keeper :D

The only Mesa i've owned that struggled at low volume was the Mark IV and it was mostly due to the taper of the output volume knob. I had to use an attenuator to get it to even out the knob to where it was usable at home. All the others have sounded killer at low volume. In the case of the F-30 combo I thought it sounded BETTER at low volume. Interesting...

Back