Another IIC (+) found!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revgsmall

Reaction score
I walked into a music store and could not believe my eyes, a Mark IIc #11140 with a + and MB on the back. Simulclass, reverb and eq. Head, sitting on a 1x12 EVM cab. A few dings on the cabinets, the power cord needs to be secured again to the chassis.

Put the guitar into the effects return when the clerks walked away, the master nor the lead gain had any effect (yes I was on the lead channel). Complained about the cord and whined about it being old, probably needs tube.....

It plays dead quiet hardly any hum and the reverb is better than my current Hundred watt no eq,no simulclass, reverb amp....$700 later and I'm walking out to the car with amp and cab in hand.

Now I have two C plussers'...which is one more than just one......I'm going out to buy a lottery ticket now and see how long this lucky streak lasts!!!!!!! :D

revgsmall said:
I walked into a music store and could not believe my eyes, a Mark IIc #11140 with a + and MB on the back. Simulclass, reverb and eq. Head, sitting on a 1x12 EVM cab. A few dings on the cabinets, the power cord needs to be secured again to the chassis.

Put the guitar into the effects return when the clerks walked away, the master nor the lead gain had any effect (yes I was on the lead channel). Complained about the cord and whined about it being old, probably needs tube.....

It plays dead quiet hardly any hum and the reverb is better than my current Hundred watt no eq,no simulclass, reverb amp....$700 later and I'm walking out to the car with amp and cab in hand.

Now I have two C plussers'...which is one more than just one......I'm going out to buy a lottery ticket now and see how long this lucky streak lasts!!!!!!! :D

The only icing on this cake would be if those "old" tubes were Sylvania STR-415's. I thought deals like this were long gone, during the days of the internet. Great score!

Don't blame you for calling me names, if you bastards were to score in similar fashion, I would call you explicatives and perhaps make up some new one's :)

It has Mesa "6L6 STR 415s" in it. It may be the original tubes for all I know. I called Mesa, and they have no record of this amp in their shop for the last 15 years.

I'm sending it in though, I can't have an amp go down on a gig anymore than ya'll can.

I agree, I thought those days of finding a deal on a Mark II C was over a decade ago.

revgsmall said:
I'm sending it in though, I can't have an amp go down on a gig anymore than ya'll can.

When you send it in to MESA, talk to them about the "Simulclass brightness reduction mod". It will help you to get those smooth Santana-ish leads happening, for sure. 8)

Congrats, Gary.

Keep those eyes open on those mom-n-pop shops. Never know what's bound to come in. :D

Neptical said:
Congrats, Gary.

Keep those eyes open on those mom-n-pop shops. Never know what's bound to come in. :D
Albeit, it wasn't a Guitar Center, it wasn't Dead Aunt Thelma's Musical Supply either...

Almost forgot, I want to give a big shout out to George, for helping me confirm that it was a 2C converted to a (+). Thanks for the quick response and sharing your knowledge George. Pics coming soon.

You're very welcome Gary.
After reading your email with the price and description along with the question about the serial number (IIB or IIC?) there was only one correct response:
"GRAB IT!"

A few hours later I was very psyched when you sent the reply saying you had landed it (and the cab!) for an even lower price!!

Gary call or email me anytime.
You found an awesome amp at an incredible price.
A find that is deserved by a person of your integrity.

Now that you own two you are officially a "C+ snob" :lol: :wink:

Ouch!! I just bought a iic+ HR for $2000 and thought it was a good deal. Someone tell me it was!!!

texwest said:
Ouch!! I just bought a iic+ HR for $2000 and thought it was a good deal. Someone tell me it was!!!
The one's I've seen are in the $2000-$3000 range so I'd say you did okay.

i did that once at guitar center.
got a cream tolexed mark IIc(upgraded to +) 60 watter otherwise fully loaded with a matching theile cab, and i think i paid like 1100 or something.
they thought it was a mark III :lol:

:D

I paid $800 for my Mark IIC+60/100 head w EQ and Reverb. It was 97 I think... Before the internet was really common. The store had it with a Mark IIB manual, so maybe that's what they thought it was. This store is well known for being overpriced on everything, and pretty much douchebag "music store guys" so I look back on that deal and smile for scoring one for the good guys!

Latest posts

Back