Another Effects Loop Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spot

Reaction score
I need the know the best order for these foot pedals in to the effects loop - DELAY, CHORUS, NOISE GATE.

Also, I'm wireless and the wireless unit is on top of the amp but my tuner pedal is on the pedalboard. If the tuner goes through the effects loop ahead of the other pedals will it still work in silent mode?

spot said:
I need the know the best order for these foot pedals in to the effects loop - DELAY, CHORUS, NOISE GATE.

Also, I'm wireless and the wireless unit is on top of the amp but my tuner pedal is on the pedalboard. If the tuner goes through the effects loop ahead of the other pedals will it still work in silent mode?

#1 - C > NG > D

#2 - It depends on your loop. Some loops integrate the original signal while others route the original signal. If your amp routes, then you are fine with tuner mute. If your amp integrates the signal you will need to have the tuner before you go into your preamp.

Question? Why the noise gate? I'm not sure I'd put it in the loop! I'd also keep the tuner out of the loop! Choruses can work in front, or in the loop, but definitely keep the delay in the loop.

I put my noise gate (Rocktron Hush IIC) first in my loop, followed by a multi effects unit. I like to do it this way because it seems to really bring out the little nuances of whatever effect I'm running. I use the noise gate as a bit of an effect, setting it so it clamps down hard and accentuates the heavy downstroked riffs. For me, using a delay in a loop with higher amounts of gain just produced repeats of the hiss as well as the direct signal. The setup is so much cleaner and has worked very well for me. Of course, you can try it direct in, as well... The bottom line is to experiment and see what sounds best to you.

Latest posts

Back