another clip for you...lines in the sand solo...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massydual

Reaction score
hi guys...

http://media.putfile.com/lines-in-the-sand-solo-low

here's my attempt to record this fantastic solo from DT's falling into infinity album...
the amp used is dual recto 3 chann, 3rd channel vintage for the dist rythm guitars, 2nd channel vintage for the solo...the first part of the solo is a stratocaster, when the wha kicks in, is an ibba rg1527...everything miced with a shure pg58 sent directly into my laptop...the cab is a mesa 2x12 rectocab...
critics and comments are veeeeeery welcome...
thanks for listening
Max

this is one of the best clips I've ever heard online....and most certainly the best sound I've ever heard anyone dial in for a solo on a Rectifier. You must share the tricks my friend!

thank you for your comments, I'm happy that you liked the sample, but really, there are no particular tricks...I can post the eq for the solo if you want, but it's a pretty common eq, no strange settings or wizard tricks :wink:

go for it!

I think the guitars made a big impact. You can really hear the strat sound, but it almost sounds like a PRS in some spots. Very smooth and articulate.

i take my hat off to you my friend....that was very nice tone and playing!!!! well done! :D

The strato tone is not my type of tone but the ibanez is.
I think is the best solo tone I've heard from a rectifier ! :shock:
Anyway good job :D

thanks to everyone...
the settings for the sample are: (intendes as facing a clock)
rythm: 3rd channel vintage mode
bass 11
middle 10
treble 13
presence 11
master 11
gain 13:30

lead: 2nd channel vintage mode
bass 12
middle 11:30
treble 12
presence ZERO
gain almost maxed
master 11:30

general master 12
silicon diode
bold power
G-major in loop with a dynamic delay in the solo mode, the amp's loop is totally set as serial, with 28% feedback and 25% mix for the delay patch...the general output volumes are mangaed via the input output knobs on the G-major the Input is set to 13 o'clock and the OUT is at 3 o'clock.
that's all folks! ;-)

Back