And the waiting begins!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko123

Reaction score
GAS hit me like a ton of bricks Thursday morning for a Mark V. I let it go for maybe 1/2 an hour but it kept coming back stronger and stronger. I'll be getting my Xmas bonus on Dec 18, but I didn't feel like blowing most of it on a new amp. But the light bulb goes off and watch out here comes Jacko!

I called my shop to see how much a combo would be on Thursday. $2,460 Canadian. Less than I thought, so I commit and put a 10% down payment to order one from my Long & McQuade. My guy tells me I should get one by Xmas. Yeah right.

I put my 2x12 Recto cab on a Craigs List type of place Thursday night and I get $450 cash this afternoon for it. I had put my Dual Rectifier (3Ch) on Ebay last night on a Buy It Now or Best Offer. I put in the ad that I'll chip in one of the pedals I'm selling if "Buy It Now" is selected to purchase the head. I had a price of $1,450 thinking I'd get some wiggle room to negotiate and hopefully get $1100 or $1200. Bingo, I get a outright buyer this afternoon. $1,450 in my Paypal account. I also sold my THD Hotplate for $225 on Ebay Friday and a MXR Carbon Copy for $100 overnight. That's about $2,250 Canadian raised in two days. Nice. I still have a guitar body I'll be selling and a few more pedals. I'll be close to the purchase price of the Mark V by the time I'm done.

So the waiting game begins.

- to be continued -

You couldn't control a GAS for 1/2 hr? :lol: I controlled my GAS for a MK IV for more than 2 yrs. And its not as if I cant afford it. Thanks to the MK V, the price of MK IV's finally went down and i got my IV. :D

Firstly , it's a great amp you won't be sorry, second ...what pedals are you selling? I'm in the market for pedals...

When I realized I could get one by selling my Dual Rec. I was helpless :)

Good point about the prices on a Mark IV going down. I see some pretty great deals on Ebay, even the "Buy it Now" prices.

emperor_black said:
You couldn't control a GAS for 1/2 hr? :lol: I controlled my GAS for a MK IV for more than 2 yrs. And its not as if I cant afford it. Thanks to the MK V, the price of MK IV's finally went down and i got my IV. :D

My MKV took eight weeks to arrive. From what I understand that is the typical wait time. To get it by Christmas would be a stretch, but who knows.

Your best bet is buying one online, save taxes and mostly likely get right away.

Barry

That is one approach I considered. Since I'm Canadian, I'd have to get the amp from a Canadian Ebayer to save on the taxes. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I bought my Dual Rectifier on Ebay and got my money back when I re-sold it.

barryathome said:
Your best bet is buying one online, save taxes and mostly likely get right away.

Barry

Latest posts

Back