Amp or effects processor?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackmesa

Reaction score
Ok so i'm having an extremely hard time choosing to either get an amp or an effects processor(boss gt-8 or roland vg-88). Normally i would just choose to get an amp but i need to improve my playing. I don't want to amplify tons of mistakes and unwanted screw ups. I was thinking sinse im going to get an effects processor either way that i should get one first. I'm thinking that i could have that, get ok tone and run it through some speakers untill i improve my playing and then when im in a better place with my playing, get an amp. so yea please help me you guys, thanks a lot.

Eddie

Pod? and run through headphones? Heck, I used a Sholtz headphone amp in the 80's when practicing late at night and it worked. The pod sounds a lot better than that......

I like the older J-stations over the POD.

I suggest not covering up those mistakes by practicing with an extremely clean sound. Distortion is fun but covers up mistakes. It's important to have fun, but try to force yourself to use the cleans.

You'll thank yourself down the road.

Latest posts

Back