Amp is dead after using it for 5 minutes.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
BAD TUBES.

I bring the amp home, played it for 5 minutes, throw it on standby, come back after a few minutes and it was dead. No burning smell, fuse is ok. The tubes won't even fire up at all so i can't really tell.

One thing i noticed while it was working is that when i turned the reverb on the amp sounded terrible, really fizzy and trebly, just nasty. Bad preamp tube? Any other ideas before i bring it back?

Whatever the problem do not let it get you down......I'm sure it is fixable. This is truly a great sounding amp!

Bad tubes was it. Swapped a few and it's working. But I'm not sure I'm going to keep it, it's really got a stiff feel to it and it's loud as hell. It sounds good but i just don't think it's for me since I've been going back and fourth between the ED and my Fortin Cali mod.

I thought it was loud when I tried it at the store but that was with stock 6L6 and I like EL34s. That's what's lame about trying out power tube switchable tube amps - you can't switch them out at the store...

Back