Amp hunting-- advice wanted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THD 2x12 = big wonderful sound in a lighter weight box. Highly recommend

Monsta-Tone said:
I could never get the cleans that I was looking for. In the end, that's the only reason I sold it. I got some really sick distortions though.

I hear you man. I'm not trying to get on your case or ignore the fact that what you're looking for might be something different than what I'm looking for. I kinda just blurted that out. :lol: .... When ever I spend some time with that amp I kinda get lost in the vintage orange channel. That gain knob sure has a lot of ear candy in it, don't it? :wink:

Wastoid: Good luck with that Roadster. I know you'll be having some fun with it .... WHEN it gets there!! :D
my advice? ... Spend as much time choosing your speakers as you did choosing your amp.
Maybe even a little more .....

Wastoid: Good luck with that Roadster. I know you'll be having some fun with it .... WHEN it gets there!!
my advice? ... Spend as much time choosing your speakers as you did choosing your amp.
Maybe even a little more .....

That's the best advice anybody could give. Try it with as many cabs as you can.

I still think that 2 1x12 3/4 backs would sound killer with this amp.

I hear you man. I'm not trying to get on your case or ignore the fact that what you're looking for might be something different than what I'm looking for. I kinda just blurted that out. .... When ever I spend some time with that amp I kinda get lost in the vintage orange channel. That gain knob sure has a lot of ear candy in it, don't it?

No worries. I didn't think you were. It's funny, that everybody has a different idea of what they are looking for.

I used to just use the Red channel set to Vintage, Spongy, Tubes and use my guitar's volume knob. Should have kept that amp, best sounding DR I've run across. I got another one a year later and it sounded like **** compared to the 1st one.

Latest posts

Back