amp head shipping help needed in LA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to/call Mesa Hollywood, or any local store that sells Mesa. Ask for a Mesa shipping carton of the appropriate size.
U-Haul stores sell cartons, too. And bubblewrap, etc.
On the other hand, for convenience, go to your local UPS store. It will cost, but they will cartonize the head for you, and they say they will honor insurance claims because of this.
I use FedEx 'cause it's cheaper, never had a problem, use whatever boxes I can find, bla bla bla.
The UPS, FedEx, and USPS websites all have info on how to pack items for shipment and have shipping calculators to estimate costs.
Basically, I would use a double-wall corrugated box, at least 2" of padding on all sides, and use moistened paper tape to seal, not that clear plastic stuff. Good luck!

bigmouth said:
need help getting an amp head packed and shipped from LA. happy to pay for your help. thanx !
Where in LA? And what is it you'd like done? Can you be more specific??

Edward

the head is at my father's place but too heavy for him to handle. its thus a question of properly packing it and maybe dropping it off at USPS (other option have UPS pick it up at his). my main worry is the packing and from all I've heard it seems risky to have a packing place with no amp expertise do the packing.

bigmouth said:
the head is at my father's place but too heavy for him to handle. its thus a question of properly packing it and maybe dropping it off at USPS (other option have UPS pick it up at his). my main worry is the packing and from all I've heard it seems risky to have a packing place with no amp expertise do the packing.

Sounds like something I can easily help with, but I am not "exactly" in LA. I know the area well (grew up there). Can you give me a more specific idea of where in LA your dad lives and I can let you know if it's not too far from me (I'm kind of out in suburbia :) Major cross streets? PM me if you like.
:)

Edward

Latest posts

Back