AMP/F100 QUESTIONS!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovemysg

Reaction score
hey guys i have a few questions about the f100. First of all, ive been researching amps for about two weeks now and i think i found the right one.

* im a blues all the way to metal player, will this do the job? Will this do the job right?

* whats all the stuff about the 4ohm and 8 ohm? Im extremely confused about that, a thorough explanation would rock! :D

*As a guideline, whats a good price on an f100? I dont want to rely on websites for prices.

* What are some good mesa/ other brand 4x12's that would go very good with this head?

Im not a beginner when it comes to guitars, but TUBE amps, wattage, and all the technical stuff, im not very good with=)

so for the future, if i explain something wrong or word something funny, please correct me in a non flaming way!!!!!!

:eek: :wink:

Yes this amp will do the job, and if you get tired with the stock distortion, it is a fantastic platform for pedals. To me, the F series sounds kind of like the recto, without the sag. As for the volume, it should be more than you will ever need. As for the speaker outs, you can go to the mesa web site and download a manual that has a neat little section about the cabinets you can use with your amp, but the short version is the out put of you amp must match the ohm load of the speaker, IE, one speaker at 8 ohms, two eight ohm speakers =4 ohms, or you can look up ohms law on line.
I think a good price for a F100 is between $500.00 to the high $700.00's
just depends on the condition of the amp. This model of amp is real "Plain Jane" compared to the other boogies, so you can find them for a steal.
Rock on!

Yes, these amps have a big range. Cleans are great and it takes very good pedals.
The distortion is very modern and high gain.

They are very heavy but have casters.

In the combo the price goes around 700~1000. I have been researching since I'm selling mine. Good luck

I actually saw one in mint condition that didn't have a scratch on it anywhere at a Sam ash for 750. I played it and didn't think it was that great for metal till I switched from orange to red on the dirty channel. I was amazed at how awesome it sounded. Not as mean as my triple rec but still really good and versitle.

I own an f-50 combo wide body, so what I have found out that it sound good but not great, But when you add an extra cabinet this is where the F series really blooms. I'm using a 4x12 cabinet, Then I have changed all the power and pre amp tubes (Witch help allot over Mesa tubes). I'm using a Les Paul R6 with P-90 pickups, I get completes on my sound all the time. I will also say that another channel would be nice; I play classic rock and country. The clean channel is great it’s the best I have ever used.
I really like it but would also look @ the stiletto Ace as a another good choice

Latest posts

Back