Alternative To CFX4

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark IX

Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought a new mesa Mark IV head, I'd like to control it via MIDI;

I' know that the CFX4 do this job perfectly, but it cannot control the external switch for class A - Simul-class, and maybe neither the reverb switch (I'm waiting a reply from Mario of Axess Electronics), but only the three channel, EQ & the Fx Loop...so my question is:

There is a piece of gear that can control the six external switch plus the reverb switch without damage my Mark IV Head?

I know the midi matrix...but I'm searcing for something less expensive, easy to find and smaller :shock:

Thanks!

There are options, probably not low budget.
An old Rocktron Patchmate, there are some Custom Audio products.

You could get a second CFX4 and use the latching outputs to control those settings (that may be the cheapest if you already have 1 CFX4) instead of the custom cable.

Basically you need something that will accept midi and do tip to ground latching for the switching. Mesa use to have the MIDI matrix and when they quit making that recommended the Rolls RPS93 or something like that (cannot remember the exact model number and I am not sure they make it anymore)

mightypudge said:
RJM Amp Gizmo.

http://www.rjmmusic.com/ampgizmo.php

Have you ever tried it?

Is it as good as the CFX4? (fast relay respons no delay in midi data receiving)

What about the Y cables with common ground...is safe use them with the mark IV external switch?

Thanks a Lot

Latest posts

Back