Almost ready to purchase a Lonestar, but have some questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that EL34 clip sounds great.

How much sustain will the LSC get on both channels. The reason that I keep heading for my Soldano is the sustain, both channels sing at low volume. It doesn't have a Loop or the Solo button though.

I recently bought the LSS 1x12 and love it. I think it covers the 'bluesy' sound about as well as anything I have ever heard and it fits single-coils like a glove. If I could only have one Mesa, this would be it.

I had the chance to play the new LSC 1x12 10-50-100 and the Mark IV on Saturday. I came away very pleasantly surprised with the cleans and open-ness of the LSC. The Mark IV will certainly allow more choices than either LS alone, but I really like the notion of the pairing of a LSC and LSS, which are really complimentary of each other. To my ears, even the 5 on the LSS and the 10 on the LSC sound a bit different. I had a chance to play a LP Custom through the LSC and was really pleased at the sound from the humbuckers using the 2nd Channel gain/drive controls. Tons of sustain and reasonable clarity.

Hope this helps a bit.

Dreads said:
I have the lcs with EL34-bstr's in it and it's a smoking amp. Great for solos and crunch. I tried the lss and I'm glad I bought the LSC (2-12's.)
Only thing is I wish that the 10 watter was coming back when I bought mine as I'd have waited. 10 watts for the house would be cool.. That said, I get the amp low enough with the master and it still kicks some serious ezz!

checky heah: el34 clip

I don't use cleans much except for small sections but they sound pretty deluxe even with the el34's.

Would love to hear what your settings were, to include effects. That is a real nice full tone with the right amount of bite :D

Please let us in on the LSC secret to those tones.

Latest posts

Back