almost every topic is a problem?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddface

Reaction score
Seems like almost every topic here in the lonestar section is a problem with the lonestar amp. Has me worried cause I just ordered a classic head with a recto 2x12. What's the deal?

I have never had an amp that has never had a single problem. But I can say that I've had minimal issues with my LSC, and I use it a LOT. It's on basically every day for at least an hour, and I move it to rehearsal or shows and back at least once a week. It just sings all the time.

The LSS has been popping up a lot lately with a known issue in the earlier models around the rectifier tube; that and questions about whether the Lone Star is the right amp for... whatever... are common enough.

And as MrMarkIII stated, people don't tend to complain when things are going great.

We expect a full report when your rig arrives. And pictures.

djw said:
I have never had an amp that has never had a single problem. But I can say that I've had minimal issues with my LSC, and I use it a LOT. It's on basically every day for at least an hour, and I move it to rehearsal or shows and back at least once a week. It just sings all the time.

The LSS has been popping up a lot lately with a known issue in the earlier models around the rectifier tube; that and questions about whether the Lone Star is the right amp for... whatever... are common enough.

And as MrMarkIII stated, people don't tend to complain when things are going great.

We expect a full report when your rig arrives. And pictures.

I should have everything in about 2 weeks. I'll post pictures when I get everything together. Lots of work to do. Wire rack, figure out how to run everything, program gcx and gcp. I went with the timmons rig. Lonestar classic head, stiletto II head and 2 recto 2x12 cabs. Bbpreamp, ts9 and mxr comp.... Tc gmajor and a boss gt-8. Still few things to pick up.

+1 Please post again with your experiences with your Lonestar/Stiletto + 2x12 Recto Cabs + etc.

I am a huge Andy Timmons fan and find my own rig slowly evolving to an AT type rig.

TIA,
-Gary K

I should have everything in about 2 weeks. I'll post pictures when I get everything together. Lots of work to do. Wire rack, figure out how to run everything, program gcx and gcp. I went with the timmons rig. Lonestar classic head, stiletto II head and 2 recto 2x12 cabs. Bbpreamp, ts9 and mxr comp.... Tc gmajor and a boss gt-8. Still few things to pick up.

Timmons rig?!? Whoa...... that should be interesting. 8)

My LSS has blown two mesa rectifier tubes , - replaced with NOS and no problem since.
Trouble free apart from the above, I tend to use mine just as is,( although it does sound righteous through my marshall 4x12's ! :D ) no mods, sometimes I'll put the TC Nova System in the fx loop for a bit of delay.
I'm still liking it a lot!

here we go, crappy cell phone picture. Bout halfway done with setting everything up

IMAG0231.jpg

Wow! You win dude. Most elaborate rig on this LS forum. I salute you. Posting this on Christmas day is appropriate b/c it surely took Santa Claus to pull this off. :lol: My home rig is pretty elaborate also. I'll have to post it and share it.

Ive found with the lonestar and recto cab you have to turn mids down a bit and bass almost off. Its insane thumpage....
Benn tweeking the lonestar and effects. Now im getting ready to start on stiletto.

Latest posts

Back