Almost a new guitar day! handmade content

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarzan1143

Reaction score
So the body for my new axe-to-be is finished. One peice mahogany, gibson hot alnico V bridge, gibson alnico II neck. 2'' thick heavily carved body in the style of an RG, but with a gotoh hardtail bridge. thoughts, opinions?

107_0295.jpg

107_0297.jpg

107_0299.jpg

The neck is sapele with a carribean rosewood fretboard, 24 frets with no fretboard markers and huge frets, should be qe quite the all-around axe as far as tones.

handmade by myself, i shaped it with a modified angle grinder, thats what i use to carve tops. it adds a little class to an otherwise obnoxious shreddy guitar. even traditional players seem to like it. its finished now, its already been in the hands of about 20 players when i spent a few hours in guitar center with it. it sounds like a gibson, mahogany with the gibson pickups duh, but we played a gibson with the exact same humbucker in the bridge in the store and the sustain/clarity of mine made it look just silly. the Gibson also had brand new strings, and the action of my axe was around 1/64'' lower. definitely satisfied with this guitar. got a cash offer of 900 for it, i might take it. ill get finished pictures soon, im really lazy right now.

looks like a really nice piece of wood too. Also, the pickups look mounted to the body (no "rings"). That alone will make a huge difference in tone. my jackson is like that and you can really tell the difference from my other guitars.

Back