Allright here is the ultimte Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

Reaction score
Just saw this on Flebay.

Now this is what I'm talking about except in a Combo form.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Mark-III-Blue-Stripe-Head_W0QQitemZ190191915087QQihZ009QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hopefully the day will come soon when I get some stuff sold and run across a minty Combo like this Amp.

GAS ia afflicting me severly. :D

I recently scored a Mark 3 simulclass blue stripe with EV12L in mint/new condition. The flight case that came with it was excellent too.
It was a BIN at a rediculously low price that came on line seconds before I hit the BIN. I took a chance, a big chance but man did it pay off !

carlosasi said:
Ultimate?

Uh sorry.

I should have said ultimate for me. I dont need more than 60 watts for my gigging purposes. Thats why I say. Just happened to see one and got excited.

Don’t get me wrong that amp is going to kick ***. No question!
I’m just spoiled with simul-class not for power but for flavor I like the 6L6/EL34 combination.

I have had both Simul Class and 60/100s Mark series amps and there are some things better about Simul Class and some things better about non Simul Class. Its all about what kind of sound you are going for and personal preference anyway.

Well I really have no quams with Simulclass. I'm sure a set of 6L6's and EL34's going at the same time sound amasing.

Most of the gigs I play rarely do I ever need more that 50 watts and I like the sound of a Tube Amp pushed rather than turned way down with a Master.

So for me the Ultimate Mark III has EQ, Reverb, and 60 watts. :lol:

Nomad

Maybe you should look into this if you can I know it’s not a combo but you can always get the combo cabinet sometime down the road. This amp does look well taken care of! No bids so far, but as you know that means nothing

I want one in rackmount.

I could get it, and put it in a rack if it's the short head version (I don't know enough about Mark's to tell).

My MarkIV is rackmounted.

Nomad said:
Well I really have no quams with Simulclass. I'm sure a set of 6L6's and EL34's going at the same time sound amasing.

Most of the gigs I play rarely do I ever need more that 50 watts and I like the sound of a Tube Amp pushed rather than turned way down with a Master.

So for me the Ultimate Mark III has EQ, Reverb, and 60 watts. :lol:

That is why Simul is a better option imo because it lets yo switch down to 15 watts which will give you more flexibility balancing tone and volume. The straight 60 is still too **** loud for most applications and doesn't allow you to get that seem feel of tube saturation at a lower level. I may have misread your previous posts, but I got the sense you needed less volume not more.

You have a point there though 15 watts would never work for me.

Isnt one of the Stripes 25 watts instead of 15?

Which one would that be?

I might could live with 25 and 85.

Latest posts

Back