Alleged MkII at GC, how to tell what it is?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluesForDan

Reaction score
I was going to try this the other night with my guitar, but as I was leaving the store to go to my car and retrive my axe, the heavens opened up and I decided to split instead.

Tag says it is a MkII. Were these ever reissued? No eq sliders, no 60/100 switch IIRC. I'm about to go look at it again today. I didn't see any markings by the ac outlet, but it was up high on the used amp shelves, and I wasn't about to throw my back out trying to lift it up (above shoulder high, way in the back row, chiropractic disaster waiting to happen).

This is the second MkII that I've seen in the flesh, after never seeing one before this summer, and I've been playing/ gearwhoring for 3 decades plus. If it anywhere near as nice as the first one, ah, I dunno what I'm going to do. Its also 200 clams cheaper, too. But it does not have any of the manuals and the first one does.

No Mark IIs were ever reissued. You can identify the amp easily, using this webpage as a guide.

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/MarkIIC.html

It tells about each version, and how to identify it.

thank you very much, that was exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Great page, by the way. !!

Back