Al Di Meola - Mesa Boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

There is appearantly no information about what amps Al Di Meola uses for electric. If you ask me, I think his tone is very Santana'ish. Could Al possibly be using Boogies? Has anyone checked during a concert of his?

I don't know all the details but I have seen photos of him using Boogie Mark IV's.

I think he was one of the Boogie endorsees at the beginning, but I also read that he used Marshalls at some point of his career.

Gentleman,
Mr. DiMeola is using a Stiletto Ace head through a Marshall 1936 2X12 cab and also a Mesa half back 2X12 cab. He has Plexi surrounds to keep from killing his band mates. No Pedals but the amp footswitch and an Alesis Midi Verb. That's his rig. He's headed to Austin after here and then to Nawlins and So. Fla. If he's near you Go See This Show! His tone was Amazing, imagine early hungry DiMeola on steroids! Yeah it was that good!

That's funny, I guessed a Boogie and it turns out he's using the least Boogiest of all the Boogies. :lol:

I have a Mesa catalog from 1995,and the artist page showed him with
a TriAxis/2:90 rack setup.
Good to hear he's still ripping Guitarzan,and I bet the tone with his touch and the Ace are stellar.
Thanks for the report.

Talk about revisiting an old thread, but...

I read that he's using the Mark V lately.

Any tips on how to achieve his sound with the MKV?

Please don't mention the option of kidnapping him, having his arms transplanted to me and with some kind of weird machine transfer his knowledge into my brain... I don't have enough time to do that.... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back