after market...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickyjoe

Reaction score
any one heard of someone making a "retro" fit type of tone stack for the LSC? I've done the Reeder #1... also I've heard there are ways to make the drive unit switchable... I've wanted to experiment with some different pre amp tubes. Mesa sez don't bother with NOS... I'm not spending $50 on them... unless I played on one and the sky opened up... Interested in different combination of speakers. I'm running a recto vertical/ Vintage 30s. I love the cabinet - would like some input on different speakers or one V30 and something else. I've read that's a great way to shape ones tone with a V30. This is the first I've used them in a solid back cab... they do cut on stage... and they do take some use to break them in... Nevertheless... I have no plans to get into any other amp! I haven't heard another amp in it's price range that will compete.

I like the C-90's in a closed back. V-30's are what mesa uses in their closed back cabs. And C-90's in open.

An eq in the loop gives you loads of tone controll, simple. Wont really change the voice of your amp like a speaker will though, depends what your after really. I was close to changing my speakers but decided against it in the end as right now Im happy where I am with my tone.

Latest posts

Back