advice to fix/replace black grille

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
My grille has a hole and I'd like to fix/repair it. Mesa charges 200 for a new one, and I dont want to pay that. What are my options?

Elpelotero said:
My grille has a hole and I'd like to fix/repair it. Mesa charges 200 for a new one, and I dont want to pay that. What are my options?

This place sells the cloth if you're DIY-minded:

http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech10.html

It's a little expensive, but the only cloth I've found that claimed to be Boogie-compatible. They might send a sample if you ask - I never got that far.

i bought a square yard from avatar for $15. it was enough to re-do an avatar, and a nomad. just enough for a 4x12. i have no idea how close this is to the boogie cloth, but it sure beats $200..

Elpelotero said:
Hi Elpelotero, what amp are you repairing the grill on? Like Dann'sTheMan said (Thanks for the name check Andy), I recently redid the grill cloth on my F-100. I bought a yard of Mesa Tan Jute grill cloth from Vibroworld which was $34.50. So, if you follow the tutorial I posted, it should be a pretty straight forward job. In all, it took me 45 minutes to remove the staples from the speaker grill and about 30 minutes to get the new grill cloth on. BTW, the cosmetic mods I did for my F-100 aren't available from Mesa except for the tan grill.

wow. looks a little initimidating. i might give it a try...btw, my cab is a rectifier 4x12 standard. it does not have the 4 front screws.

Latest posts

Back