Advice sought on selling Mk ii C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_in_WA

Reaction score
Hello
A few years ago there was a Mesa Boogie combo amp for sale on Craigslist, and the exotic wood of the cabinet caught my eye. It was the famous Mark ii C+ and the owner was the son of the fellow who bought it new. He wasnt a player and wanted to sell it. When we plugged it in it made some unpleasant noises, but I decided to buy it and have it repaired even though I am a horrible guitar player. I had a road trip planned for California anyway, and I drove it to Petaluma and put it in the hands of Mike Bendinelli, the fellow who originally built it. It was a hoot to meet Mike. He replaced the power switch, replaced a few caps, removed corrosion on sockets, pots pulls and jacks, and fixed a ground issue. He noted the 6L6s were all well. I picked it up a week later and drove it back to Seattle. I have the work order in my hand as I type this.
Well, I haven't plugged it in since, and that was in 2018. This amp needs to find some love. It needs to be owned by a player. This thing is such a beast that I would like to find a local buyer rather than shipping it. If anyone knows a potential buyer in Washington/Oregon/Idaho I would be grateful for an introduction.

Latest posts

Back