Acoustic Strings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D'Addario Phosphor Bronze mediums are the only string that I use on my Larrivee. Years ago I used Guild Phosphor Bronze (on other guitars) until they sent production out of the US (sometime in the '90s if I recall correctly). I didn't care for the Guilds at that point.

while we are on the subject of strings, does anybody know of a cheap online source for elixers? best I have found is nanowebs for $12.99 shipping included from sweatwater music
For martin strings in bulk,(48 sets for 99bucks +$10 shipping)) I have used Kingston records in Kingston NH, he ships them in a tube,strings are packaged straight, for some rason they seem to last longer than strings wound up in a circle stuffed into a package

dean markleys are my string of choice second is the nano webs. 10 will probably sound weak, but i use 11's on my electric so i'm not afraid of breaking strings. anything smaller sounds anemic to me.

Latest posts

Back