"Ace" Rig Pictures & Video !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UDAMANN

Reaction score
Hey !

Here are a few pictures of my new Boogie Ace & a few Keeley modded pedals. The guitars are Carvin's w/ Dimarzio's in them. I will post a video soon too if I figure out how to do it.

Peace ! Tim

Ace-Rig.jpg

Ace-and-The-Boys.jpg

Ned,

It's kind of funny ! I've had Ibanez, ESP & a E.B. "Luke" model guitar. The neck thru Carvins have allot of sustain & the neck / frets are amazing too. Best guitars I've ever played so far. Carvin pick-ups suck in my opinion though. I'm going to try & post a small video clip so you guys can hear the "Ace" in action. Well see what happens soon.

Tim

Here's a short video clip of the "Ace" & my Carvin tele w/ a Dimarzio PAF pick-up. Videos the only way I can get audio right now. I've angled the camera so you can't see me make my over the top guitar (oh face) faces.

Peace ! Tim

Removed video due to better quality clips in new thread.

Kopro - Yes ! The tags are off now & on a nice big chain around my neck. You know how us white rappers from Detroit are (Bling, bling). Ha ! Ha !

Inkwachemis - Nice looking "Ace" head ! What speaker is your cab going to have in it ? Vintage 30's ? Is that a line-6 echo park pedal on your amp ? How does it sound ? I'm using my POD xt Live thru the effects loop just for some reverb & delay. I'm still working out all the bugs , but I'm very happy w/ the tone so far.

Peace ! DaMann

Nice rig. I've got 3 Carvins as well and love every one of them. I also have 2 Petrucci's and a Luke. I have to give the EBMMs the nod overall but the Carvin's are really great too.

CB,

I loved the "luke" guitar except the fact that I've got huge hands & long fingers (circus freak). The "Luke" just felt small too. I would love to try an "Axis" model someday or a Petrucci.

inkwachemis said:
DSCN3449.jpg

I'm very soon gonna get a 4x12 cab :twisted:

And you will very happy ! That will really make a huge difference in your rig . The Ace head is such a cool looking thing .

UDAMANN said:
Kopro - Yes ! The tags are off now & on a nice big chain around my neck. You know how us white rappers from Detroit are (Bling, bling). Ha ! Ha !

Inkwachemis - Nice looking "Ace" head ! What speaker is your cab going to have in it ? Vintage 30's ? Is that a line-6 echo park pedal on your amp ? How does it sound ? I'm using my POD xt Live thru the effects loop just for some reverb & delay. I'm still working out all the bugs , but I'm very happy w/ the tone so far.

Peace ! DaMann

right now, the 2x12 cab has a v30 and a g12h30. It's cool, but I want less of the spiky mids and ice pickness from the v30s and a bit more woodiness. I"m planning on getting a splawn 4x12 straight cab with g12m greenbacks. I can't wait! I'll post a review of it once i get it within this month.

I'm using a Line 6 verbzilla for reverb tones. I'm not much of an effect person, however I do appreiciate a touch of reverb here and there. I'm finding the verbzilla to be a great pedal and I find myself to be using reverb much more than i used to! It's got a very natural warmish sounding spring reverb settings as well as some totally drenched reverb/echo settings. very very quiet, no hum, and the bypass through the effects loop is very decent. A/Bing it by bypassing the effects loop shows very very little difference as long as u keep the lengths of the cords short. I'm already thinking of diggin up my delay pedal and getting a tremolo pedal sometime :twisted:

Barry said:
inkwachemis said:
DSCN3449.jpg

I'm very soon gonna get a 4x12 cab :twisted:

And you will very happy ! That will really make a huge difference in your rig . The Ace head is such a cool looking thing .

I tell ya, i can't wait. I'm finally realizing that having a good cab and good speakers that suit the amp/guitar/playing style is so crucial.

halfstack with greenbacks here i come!

yeah, cool head but i like the Pee-Wee herman bike in the background the best. i have one similar but it has 3 wheels. :lol:

Latest posts

Back