Ace + Lonestar Classic?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stash49

Reaction score
Well, folks...the real world of professional music keeps forcing me to evolve. Our singer/rythem guitar player's axe crapped out on him, and I was forced to cover everthing with my stilleto trident and 4x12-it was a royal pain in the tukas, then it dawned on me-why not just bring two amps, my Ace and a lonestar classic? Icould run the guitar into a vol, wah, and splitter, the put whatever in the loops for each amp, and even run the both simutaniously! Has any one ever giged with an ace/LSC rig?
Did you like it?

I haven't gigged with a LSS and an Ace together but I've used 2 amp heads for quite a while now. Biggest thing is getting rid of ground loops.
I use a Radial BigShot and a Ebtech hum eliminator. Both amps have effects loops and I use an Intellifex in one and a Xpression in the other.
Both amps are channel Switchers also.
A Rocktron midi-mate foot switch with phantom power so there's only one cord out front.
All channel switching is done by a Rockman midi Octopus This also selects EQ and Reverb.
So I can change 2 effects units, channel switch 2 amps, and control the on board effects of the amps all with one controller, one button.
Each amp has it's own Enclosed 1X12 speaker cabinet, that sit along side the effects rack and the heads. Almost the same a a 4X12 with a head for total stage space.

The textures you can get can be very piss your pants pleasing, or very dark and disturbing.
I'll run one amp dirty and one clean for some interesting textures also.

I've been thinking about incorporating the Ace into my sound texture also.
Anyhow two amps working together properly = HUGE TONE!!!!!

You'll enjoy it!!! :lol:

stash49 said:
Well, folks...the real world of professional music keeps forcing me to evolve. Our singer/rythem guitar player's axe crapped out on him, and I was forced to cover everthing with my stilleto trident and 4x12-it was a royal pain in the tukas, then it dawned on me-why not just bring two amps, my Ace and a lonestar classic? Icould run the guitar into a vol, wah, and splitter, the put whatever in the loops for each amp, and even run the both simutaniously! Has any one ever giged with an ace/LSC rig?
Did you like it?

I use a headbone to switch between my Rk and Stiletto . Nice unit . Check out www.tonebone.com . They make some very cool stuff .

Talk to Analogman and he can make a custom aby+tuner switcher for not too much. I was concerned about hum-problems and loss of tone I was getting with a number of other switchers, etc...but he said "if you're amps don't have problems now, then ours will work perfectly--believe me, I've been making these for pro players for a while now". Sure enough, just like he said. $160 well spent. No hum, no degredation, T/B, nice leds, and an intuitive mute/tuner-out that works well on stage. Color options and box design choices are nice, too. Plus, it's analogman. If you don't beat the **** out of it, you can ebay-it down the road for as much as you paid for it. But what's the point in that if you dig it? :)

I A/B my Roadster with a Vox AC30, two completely different tones at my call. Sometimes a pain in the butt to haul 2 amps around, but when I play a show with just one or the other I don't feel complete.

I guess my AC30 to my Roadster is like "mini-Me" to "Dr. Evil".. It completes me :wink:

Thanks, as always, gemtlemen, for your generous insight. I really love hauling my 4x12 out-what about bringing a trident head, a lonestar head and using an amp switcher? Two heads are better then one? I tried the RK II and I am %100 sure it won't give me the sounds I need. I really really wish it could!

Hey tele,

I think your right-the two amp thing IS best. Do you have a seprate volume pedal for each amp so you can blend them? I have to tell you, the sound of the various blends of LSC and ACE (both 1x12 combos) is devine in the holiest sense of the word. Even just switching back and forth, not using two volume pedals (as I am doing), there is a sence of completion-clean steel guitar bends on the lonestar, then just easing the ACE in for dirt on the tail end is so sweet! I feel like an artist now.

Latest posts

Back