? about tripple rectifiers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackthunder

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new here. Was wondering why there are so many tripples for sale on e-bay and in music stores. Is there somthing wrong with these models?

Nobody needs that much power in their bedroom. They buy them because they sound cooler than Dual and then find that they just can't crank 'em enough to get a good tone out of 'em. Even if you're playing out live a Triple Rec is going to be too loud in 99% of the venues that most of us would be playing in. Even in the larger ones the sound guy would want it turned down to not drown out the mix. By the way, a triple rec's a modern amp. You're in the wrong forum.

Welcome to the Board! This place is awesome.....anyways...

devilrob1979 said:
Even if you're playing out live a Triple Rec is going to be too loud in 99% of the venues that most of us would be playing in. Even in the larger ones the sound guy would want it turned down to not drown out the mix. .

Turning on Vintage mode in the distortion channel fixes that problem for me. I played a venue last week that's really small, had the channel vol's on about 12, and the output at around 12 as well (loop engaged of course) Sounded wicked awesome. I even had to turn up, after I set the volume during sound check!

Also, one other "down side" to owning a triple is the expense of re-tubing it. But, to me, it's worth the extra $$. This amp is bone crushing :twisted:

-AJH

-and yeah, as stated above, this post is in the wrong thread. Post things about Rectifiers over in the "Modern Amps" section. If you post things in the proper sections, you're a lot more likely to get more responses. Just a little heads up.

:oops: Yeah, I realized I posted in the wrong place after I was done. SORRY! Anyway thanks for replys. I bought a tripple a few months back and really like it. Before that I was running thru a Rev and Stein. They just didnt have the sound I was searching for. MESA FOR LIFE!!!

Awesome. Glad you chose to come over to our side haha. But, if you check out my post in the Amps section, I wrote a little bit about a show I went to last night, where the bands were using Kranks through Mesa cabs...sounded awesome, but not as good as my Triple haha

-AJH

Yeah... but the thing that gets me is the fact that people don't realize the Triple Rec's clean tone is smooth.

I know... wrong forum.. but I got the Triple for the clean sound.. the dirty is great, but not what I was used to... less, but more controllable.

Latest posts

Back