about speaker cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-BOOGIE_MAN-

Reaction score
Need help here guys,
I gotta a 2x12 framus cabinet and it rated 8ohm. Where should i plug this into my single recto? is it 8ohm or 4 ohm? or both are fine?

At the moment i'm plugging it in 8ohm

Help please ...

I assume you only have 2 jacks as an option- 4 ohm, 8 ohm.
Also, I assume this is a head not a combo.
If these assumptions are correct- when the largest setting ( 8 ohm in your case) is in use the entire transformer is being used and that will get your best sound. If you use the 4 ohm tap, only 70.22% of the transformer's secondary is being used. The best way to match two speakers to 8 ohms is if they are 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel.

Now, if this is a combo with the internal speaker being used and a 2x12 cab @ 8 ohm then plug into the 4 ohm jack.

I hope this makes sense...

Tubegear Junkie said:
I assume you only have 2 jacks as an option- 4 ohm, 8 ohm.
Also, I assume this is a head not a combo.
If these assumptions are correct- when the largest setting ( 8 ohm in your case) is in use the entire transformer is being used and that will get your best sound. If you use the 4 ohm tap, only 70.22% of the transformer's secondary is being used. The best way to match two speakers to 8 ohms is if they are 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel.

Now, if this is a combo with the internal speaker being used and a 2x12 cab @ 8 ohm then plug into the 4 ohm jack.

I hope this makes sense...

Yes this is a head not combo.
Sorry i dont get it.
I'm only using 1 speaker cabinet 2x12 rated 8ohm. So should i just plug it in 8ohm slot?
Sorry newby here :D

yes, plug into the 8 ohm tap.
That way the transformer is fully being used
and will get your best sound.

Please note:
That guitar cables and speaker cables are not interchangeable.
If you use a guitar cable as a speaker cable, you could likely damage your amp.

Latest posts

Back