a vintage boogie sighting...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
drinking a few and watching a PBS special on Chet Atkins...Mark Knopfler is a guest guitarist playing thru a Boogie MK 1 combo..and sounding very Knopfler-esque, which is always proper!..cool to see a Boogie in the background while Waylon and Willie belt out "Good Hearted Woman"....I am not a fan of the NAshvegas sound, but I can't help but like those outlaws 8)...(and Waylon's son Shooter, who just recently gave Nashtown the bird, named his 1st born Alabama....hellyeah)

Chet Atkins..the man!! One of my favorite guitar players ever. I have so much of his material on vinyl and cd that still gets heavy rotation. That man is so missed.. :cry:

Mark Knopler is awesome as well,very Chet influenced. I did always really dig his tones during the DS days. He gets bonus awards for writing the music score to one of my favorite movies, The Princess Bride. :mrgreen:

Waylon and Willie.." mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.." :lol: Love that! I got that on vinyl as well.

I've always loved the old school real country musicians. They really had something to say.

Must have something to do with my hometown of Burnette, Texas. :wink:

All the Best,
~Nep~

I'm with ya brother! I'm a Les Paul and Boogie cranked to a million type of guy but there' something about Waylon and Willie that I love! and knopler had some killer chops and tone as well.

Back