A silly reason to buy something for my ROV.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yohimbe2

Reaction score
Well I'm sure I'll take a beating for this, but I'm thinking of buying a speaker cabinet for my ROV mainly to raise my amp so I can see the knobs. (No they aren't memorized at the moment) I'm also hoping to get a cabinet that the ROV will fit on top of for a nice look.

Does anyone know of a Mesa cabinet that will fit an ROV nicely? Can I expect an improvement in sound? ANy idea of cost?

Uh... Why not buy a nice amp stand, if all you are concerned about is elevating your amp a bit. It'll be much less expensive. Just sayin... :)

My ROV sits on a 3/4 back 1x12 cab on casters. Matches perfectly. You will get more sound, louder, more treble, and more bass. The knobs are just the right height too, bonus I guess.

Yohimbe...the 2x12 cabs are 27+ inches wide which is exactly the same size as the Rectoverb cabinet. For tonal reasons, Mesa put a 1x12 into a 2x12 cab for both the Lonestar and the ROV. I've been considering the same thing......... 8)

yohimbe2 said:
Well I'm sure I'll take a beating for this, but I'm thinking of buying a speaker cabinet for my ROV mainly to raise my amp so I can see the knobs. (No they aren't memorized at the moment) I'm also hoping to get a cabinet that the ROV will fit on top of for a nice look.

Does anyone know of a Mesa cabinet that will fit an ROV nicely? Can I expect an improvement in sound? ANy idea of cost?

nemesys said:
Uh... Why not buy a nice amp stand, if all you are concerned about is elevating your amp a bit. It'll be much less expensive. Just sayin... :)

Yeah, Ive considered a stand but think they are ugly. There is a wife acceptance factor here and a cabinet will actually make my amp fit in nicer with the furniture in our music room.

[/quote]

MesaDCLP said:
My ROV sits on a 3/4 back 1x12 cab on casters. Matches perfectly. You will get more sound, louder, more treble, and more bass. The knobs are just the right height too, bonus I guess.

Great ! How much did it set you back?

I know it's a silly complaint, but reading the knobs is not easy at all. You really have to scrunch down to see them on the ROV. I've had other amps and never had this same problem. (My fender has numbers on the dials and you can easily see where you are)

The single 12" 3/4 extended cab is around $380 I think. It's the exact match for a ROV. I'm thinking about adding one of them myself.

yohimbe2 said:
Yeah, Ive considered a stand but think they are ugly. There is a wife acceptance factor here and a cabinet will actually make my amp fit in nicer with the furniture in our music room.

Ah, gotcha. My wife calls my F-50 a "noisy booger machine", so I know exactly where you're coming from. :wink:

yohimbe2 said:
How much did it set you back?

Right under $500 tax and all last year, and I had to wait 10 weeks. I went with the custom vinyl (silver sparkle bronco), so that added I forget how much. I installed the casters later, and that bill was a bit over $100, but I bought tubes too.

There is a new pricelist sticky'd, and it says:

1x12 3/4 is 389
2x12 3/4 is 559
custom vinyl is 159
2" or 3" casters with locking plates are 69.

Hope this helps.

nemesys said:

thanks for the tip! I bought an amp stand and am loving it. At $40, you just cant beat it.

Back