A little problem I have ....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dror520

Reaction score
Hi, I have a mark iv head and two days ago I noticed something strange ... Every once and a while I can hear a randomly 1 second buzz from the amp ... what can that be it's not too serious but still annoying ... thx for all you're help !!!

Bet you a beer it's actually the input jack in your guitar, or your cable. Try a different guitar and a different cable.

haha - bet you a beer...

It could be your house wiring. There may be a heat pump or air conditioning unit kicking on and causing interference briefly. I've heard a similar noise when my central air kicks on or the wife turns on the dryer. Stuff like that...

Shortly after I got my Mk4 I noticed a slight vibrato effect. Turns out old wiring and a ceiling fan are effects that Jimi never used! :lol:

I had a similar isse with my rig and it turned out to be the input jack on my delay pedal, cleaned it up, changed out the cables, good as new

I had a similar experience when jamming at a friend's house a while back. I cranked up my amp only to hear it buzzing like crazy. I thought something was seriously wrong with the amp, but when my friend accidentally bumped the light switch to the ceiling fan in the room, the noise changed. Turns out they had a dimmer switch going to the fan and light and it was causing the horrible interference. I was able to move my amp across the room and plug into a different outlet and the noise went away.

Latest posts

Back