A late serial # (MkIII Coliseum) anomaly

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy started the auction at $1600 for a long time ago, and relisted and lowered the price many times. I assume it's because he has zero feedback it doesn't sell.

I have a no stripe Coliseum 300 long head serial # K532. I don't know where this one falls, but it has Korg 35 written on both sides of it and 1989 on the circuit board.

oneaussie said:
I have a no stripe Coliseum 300 serial # K532. I don't know where this on falls, but it has Korg 35 written on the side of it and 1989 on the circuit board.

That would be KDRG 35, and it should be a badass. All the talk about the C+ and METAL music makes me laugh. The Series 300 Mark III will do the metal scene as good or better than ANY C+. I have owned a red and blue stripe Mark III Coliseum, spoken from experience! 8)

Yep you're right, went back and looked at it, it is KDRG. I have used this head in Metal for 20 years and it blows the roof off the place. It has the R2 mod and volume is normally on 1.5 to 2.

oneaussie said:
Yep you're right, went back and looked at it, it is KDRG. I have used this head in Metal for 20 years and it blows the roof of the place. It has the R2 mod and volume is normally on 1.5 to 2.

It's not about volume, but the dynamics of the Series 300 power section. The "METAL" crew always speak about tightness and urgency (spelling)? The Series 300 Mark III does the tightness very well, as you know. :wink:

Latest posts

Back