a few questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosh potatoes

Reaction score
so my band was trying out a guitarist while i'm away up at school. they let him use my single recto because he didnt have his amp at the time. so they call me yesterday and tell me that while the kid was playing, the tubes lit up brighter than usual then the sound cut out. im guessing this is either a blown set of tubes, a blown fuse, or both. im looking for a little help on that.

part two...

more than likely i need to retube my baby, and i was thinking of going with the e34l high gain kit from eurotubes. anyone have any experience with this particular tube combo? input? thanks guys!

I'd kick your friend's ***...

yea it was probably a tube sputtering out...did anyone flick any switches in the back while he was playing? A voltage surge from swiching any of the rear switches could cause a blue tube.

And don't let anyone play your amp w/o your direct supervision...or at least I don't

Hmmmmm, the one time someone else uses your equipment, it blows? Could there be more to the story? Why didn't the guitarist have his own amp with him? Blown? (sorry sarcasm) He should be auditioned with his own amp so the band can hear what he sounds like.

Is there any way that your amp could've been turned on without a load, or like written above, was someone twiddling with the switches? I'd check the fuse first, it's the simplest and cheapest to replace. I can understand one tube going, but having all the tubes light up could possibly indicate another problem. I hope that it's something that's simple.

Pass the collection plate down to your band mates and the guitarist for that fuse, new tube(s) or any repairs that are needed. Money that jingles is welcome, however, money that folds will certainly go a long way to rectify a breach of ettiquette. :lol: In the future, I wouldn't let anyone play your equipment without your direct supervision.

I use JJ EL34L's from eurotube and I love them in my DR. You won't be disappointed.

btw, that kid needs to pay for it naturally.

Back