A few questions on the Roadster head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyless7620

Reaction score
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I played a Roadster head at the local music store and I loved the sounds I was getting out of it! Although I do eventually intend on getting one I have a few questions:

- Is there a big difference between the Roadster and the Triple Rectifier that would justify the rather large difference in prices (I'm sure you know Triples can be found mint for as low as 1200$)? Note that I did not really like the dual rectifier sound as much when I played (though admittedly, I only played on it for 20 or so minutes...)

- I currently play a Mark IV combo + a 1x12 3/4 closed back cab and I really like the sound of the C90 speakers. I've heard from all over that V30's can be muddier and/or less defined. How true is this?

Btw, I'm new to this forum so Hello! :)

Welcome to the forum! About the Roadster, be 100% for certain about not liking the Dual Rec sound before you buy the Roadster for thats what it is. Half the amp is Dual Rec flavored and that seems to make or brake the amp for most. Some have a hard time getting a good lead tone outta it without a pedal. I bet your used to the Mark lead tone which is considered Mesas best requiring no pedals.I still think its a good amp though for the right person. Good luck and take your time and if ya can go play it a few more times and check it out thoroughly.

Latest posts

Back